• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual-CPU WC Setup?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thatoneguymark

Be forwarned, I'm a newb to watercooling ^_^

After much late-hour research, I've come up with this setup to cool dual-cpu's, a vid-card gpu, and my northbridge:

dualwc.bmp

I hear running two heatercores (radiator v heatercore, anyone?) in parallel is good, but I'm not sure if running both cpu's in parallel has any effect on cooling (imho, dragging the already-heated water from one cpu onto another doesn't sound like it'd be doing anything).

Also, I was wondering if anyone had a link or just plain advice on either buying or constructing a somewhat large resevoir (to take up the top inch or so of my case, I have an idea for a cool top-window design ^_^) and if a larger resevoir has any greater effect on performance.

Thanks!

Well I have never water cooled and in fact I never even researched it until 5 minutes ago, which is why I was reading these threads. But one thing I would say is if you decide to go and do WC in series (parrallel would be if the water had multiple ways to go). Then I would think having it run through CPU 2 then to 1 would be the better option just because CPU 2 is generally hotter, so you want to make sure it gets the cooler water. This is just my theory. I have a dual processor rig but I dont know anything about water cooling and I dont really even know what all you need to set up a WC setup.

You will need an very powerful pump to go though so many parts. If you are going dual AMD, you are limited to 150FSB anyway, so NB cooling beyond the stock sink and fan isn't really needed.

-Rav

I think running the CPU coolers in series and the rads in parallel would work good. Can't see the picture for some reason.

Higher velocity = good for CPUs.

Back