• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FrozenCPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

method().man

I just received some Tygon tubing I ordered from them last week.

http://www.frozencpu.com/cgi-bin/frozencpu/ex-tub-28.html

If you look at the link, FrozenCPU clearly advertises their 1/2" ID tubing comes with a 5/8" outer diameter - or a 1/8" thick wall. I ordered this tubing SPECIFICALLY because of the thickness they offered.

What did I get?

Tygon tubing 1/2" ID... 1/16" THICKNESS?!?!?!

This stuff is PAPER thin and kinks incredibly easily. Totally unacceptable. Either false advertising or someone at FrozenCPU made a huge snafu.

Ummmm....
I'm pretty sure there are two walls, so 2x1/16" = 1/8". Then 1/2"+1/8"= 5/8". So i don't believe it was false advertising. Perhaps you just had a brain fart?

1/2" I.D. x 3/4" O.D. has a wall thickness of 1/8"

1/2" I.D. x 5/8" O.D. has a wall thickness of 1/16"

Think before you speak

This is the second thread like this I've seen in the past week where people have accused vendors of false advertising, when in reality it has been user error (inability to do simple math).

Guys let's try to read more carefully before pressing the 'buy' button... and double check ourselves before trashing a vendor's name.

Contact Mark at FrozenCPU. Last time someone posted here about a problem with them he fixed it pronto. They might work something out, also point out to him the page is wrong if it says one thickness but is another.

Also Grunjee if a buyer can add or not is not the problem, granted double checking shold be done before buying, but a vendor should also double check the math before putting the information up. Page says one thing, item is different = false advertising: not on purpose in most cases but it still is in the end. Most vendors once it is pointed out will fix it.

wannaoc said:

Also Grunjee if a buyer can add or not is not the problem, granted double checking shold be done before buying, but a vendor should also double check the math before putting the information up. Page says one thing, item is different = false advertising: not on purpose in most cases but it still is in the end. Most vendors once it is pointed out will fix it.

And we have established in this case that it was user error, not false advertising. Let's keep that point clear so as not to trash FrozenCPU's name.

maybe someone should just let em know at FrozenCPU to put something on the page about the wall thickness to reduce user error and prevent mistakes like this. it would be pretty simple for em to go in and type the wall sizeif it helps prevent misorders

You missed my point....If it says one thing and is another, mistake or not, it is false advertising. As WejRepus said just let them know and I'm sure it will be changed as FrozenCPU is a good reseller.

The only thing FrozenCPU doesn't have going for it is sometimes you can find the same item for 5 bucks cheaper else where, but who cares the guys at FrozenCPU rock and I don't think one person complaining about their tubing could trash their name....even if the vendor in this instance was the culprit...I know they would fix their error ;).

Re: Think before you speak

grunjee said:
This is the second thread like this I've seen in the past week where people have accused vendors of false advertising, when in reality it has been user error (inability to do simple math).

Guys let's try to read more carefully before pressing the 'buy' button... and double check ourselves before trashing a vendor's name.

Chill dude, I made a mistake. And I CAN do simple math, I just had a brain fart and hit 'buy' before thinking it through.

Re: Re: Think before you speak

method().man said:

Chill dude, I made a mistake. And I CAN do simple math, I just had a brain fart and hit 'buy' before thinking it through.

I was not trying to make you or anyone feel bad nor was I trying to be mean, etc. Sorry if it sounded that way.

=====

@wannoc -- I really don't want to repeat myself again... if you would read this thread carefully you will see that in this case method().man made a mistake, NOT FrozenCPU!!! :mad:

It's all good and fine now, we've learned from it... but the mistake was not FrozenCPU's... there was no false advertising... in your posts you continue to sound like FrozenCPU is at fault and they need to do something about it... Please read the posts in this thread again if you are confused about this!!!

/ End of discussion.

Back