• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

noise levels of pumps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sup3rcarrx8

Is the Via Aqua 1300 a lot louder compared to a Ehiem 1048? Also which one would be a better buy if i'm on a budget of a little over $100? The Via Aqua is only around $22 and the Ehiem is $57. Thanks.

Well, I have a 1048, and I can't hear it holding it in my hands. You can feel the vibration of the motor, but it hardly transmits to the case. The frequency is low enough that you won't here it with the other ambient noise.

As to which pump you should get, it'd be helpful to know what your radiator and block are going to be as well.

I've heard of reliability issues with the Via, and Eheims are very reliable by reputation.

With the impeller trick the via aqua 1300 runs very quiet. The pump is only audible when placed next to my ear while running inline. While running submersed inside a 4x4 junction box reservoir I can't hear the pump at all. BTW the rubber suction cup feet help a lot with vibration.

Have you thought about the Swiftech MCP300™ Inline Pump? I think it retails for <= $50. It's capable of up to 330 GPH according to their website. I have one in my system, I can't hear it all. There's a slight hum if you put your ear right on the case, but other than that, its unnoticable.

DP

$50 seems a bit expensive, if your are going to spend about $50 get the 1048, it's known to be a good pump.

wannaoc said:
The Danner Mag 3 should not be left out either. It's a good pump and very quiet, it's also smaller than the Ehiem pumps.

Ditto and if you're building a system that does not have long tubes system, you might even be able to run with a Danner Mag ..a little cheaper if you're on a tight budget.

Read about water pump here
Guide

Back