• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Chipset waterblock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

daweav

well, i'm still fairly new at watercooling, but i have a problem. I have the asus p4c800 motherboard, but i would like to use a waterblock on my northbridge. However, the main problem is that there are no holes in the motherboard for screws to go through, there are only 4 clamps for the heatsink that comes with it. My only thought is to buy a northbridge waterblock, and use those plastic ( i can't remember what they are called, but they are a long strand of plastic that is used when you buy a powersupply, they keep the wires together, and are similar to a plastic clamp, you can adjust the tightness of the plastic by pulling it so it pushed the wires closer together) by putting one end through a screw hole on the waterblock, and the other through one of the clamps that the heatsink used to go through. If anyone has an idea on how to do this, or if it is even possible i would appreciate some input.

Thanks for spending your time reading this.

oh yeah, i forgot to say, i read the response to the other guy with this problem, but i would like to avoid epoxy if at all possible.

Back