• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

do you need a radiator ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

extremly cool

Registered
hey i was wondering if i have a 5 gallon bucket with a pump in the bucket of water do i need a radiator or not
i also have 2 80mm fans on the top of the bucket coolling water

please help

my room temp is like 22.7c
and even with the rad in the water the temps never got at load over 25c and at idle 20c

my block is a maze 3
and my pump is a fluval 103 with all half inch fitting

It would work. People have done it in the past. You can also dump ice in it for a decrease in temps.

Only thing is it won't perform as well as a radiator. Good side is there's no fans. If you have a metal bucket, that might work if you can deal with the multiple types of metal and added fluids to be safe.

i actually was thinking how to put about 15 gallons of water in a res and i came up with hose barbs at the bottoms of the buckets, and connect them all to one where the pump is, you would have hours of heat absorbtion in the water, and it would heat your room up in the winter time

Why not just use a radiator this way:

You don't spend a fortune on distilled water.
You don't spend a fortune on coolant for anti-corrosion.
You won't have an ugly setup.
You will have far fewer maintenance on your cooling system.
You will get better temps.
You don't have to worry about algae

Back