• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Experience

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Windmills

Registered
After about three months of use, this machine of mine has gotten a lot hotter. Starting from 28c in the beginning to now 37c (motherboard temps measured with Aida32) (don't know the cpu range atm). It seems after cutting holes in the case where the two 120cm fans are (removing the marker-size holes) to allow "extra air through" is creating too much of either negative/positive pressure. (I had this system in another case of the same kind and it ran somewhat cooler.)

Also, after putting rounded cables in things have gotten worse? IT's WEIRD..I've read stories about this, but I think I will try to go back to the old IDE cables soon and see what that does. (Cringe just thinking about it.)

I also noticed some new noises the fans are making, particularly squeeking noises at every revolution and sometimes not at all. Maybe it's from running the Sunbeam Rheobus, creating a voltage set that these Panaflo U1A's are not used to? Right now it's hot in the system and I'm not doin anything to rev it up! :eek:

Excuse me for not posting except when I need help, who else has/had this problem with 'da heat??? :mad:

Is this your case?

Antec case

If you have a lot of HDD in front of that 120 thay are going to br blocking about 90% of your incoming air flow. Rounded cables will always be better than standard so changing them back out won't help you.
My take on this setup is to replace the stock fans it came with and put in some new clean ones that are a little more stout. Also, with 120mm fans you need to clean them more often them 60mm or 80mm since they push more air and suck more air, they get more dust and dirt just like Room and Ceiling fans do. I would also recommend another case myself.
The Antec/Cheiftec cases have better airflow and drive placement than this case looks like it has.
I have sold my Thermaltake Xaser case for that reason as well since the HDD in that thing are sideways.

Also get lots of air in a can! Air in a can = good. :D

Hope that helps some.

Thanks, V-Tech. The case that I'm using is the Antec Slk3700Amb. Right now I have two Panaflo U1A 120mm in the case. The dust filter on the front of this case is amazing it keeps so much dust out and I never saw any dust come off of the parts after sprayin them with air. However, the fans may need to be checked like you said.

Whenever I start from scratch again on this cooling stuff, I may not get a Rheobus or these Panaflos. It and these fans is not really the most ideal situation, as I'd like to buy a Baybus and maybe a couple of Sunons - I just wish the Baybus had more than just off/7v/12v settings. I just think the Rheobus is killing the fans. (After reading what I just wrote it looks ridiculous enough to be true..)

LOL OK. Well check your setup when you get the new parts for how it will send air throughout the case when you are putting it together. This is an overlooked step and results in poor air flow a lot of the time. Good luck to ya

Back