• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Those who are running an OCed ic7 please read

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WhOdInI

I run my ic7 @ 280FSB using a 5:4 ratio and when i change that game setting from auto to anything else my system wont POST. what is that? a newb frienldy oc tool?

None of us can figure out what it's for either. Don't seem to work when you're overclocked, so I don't use it.

Wasn't there the speculation that the GAT just basically did the same thing as PAT? Which means it's skipping a few stages in the memory bus to gain faster access to the RAM.

In this case, perhaps it's because the NB is already overclocked quite a bit and then implementing this is too much strees for the NB?

in the bios description it says that "f1" settings stresess ddr quite a lot and not all ddr can handle that stress.

And why did you stop your overclock at FSB 280?

Did the board start to freeze if you went higher? Because that is the problem I am having. FSB 281 is the limit with 5:4 divider it seems.

Both CPU and RAM have been tested at higher speeds, but it just doesn't work....

I would really like to know, why you stopped your overclock at this FSB?

Yes, I know about the 3:2 divider, but that gives me way lower score in every benchmark and lower fps in games.

The board should have worked with the 5:4 divider, but it just freezes.
FSB 281(5:4) is only DDR 450 ... RAM is good upto DDR 476 .. so why does it not work???

I think the board cannot do better... and that is why I am asking people how their IC7 boards are doing with 5:4 divider...

Vatt said:
Yes, I know about the 3:2 divider, but that gives me way lower score in every benchmark and lower fps in games.

The board should have worked with the 5:4 divider, but it just freezes.
FSB 281(5:4) is only DDR 450 ... RAM is good upto DDR 476 .. so why does it not work???

I think the board cannot do better... and that is why I am asking people how their IC7 boards are doing with 5:4 divider...

Yeap..........SAME problem here too........ :D
At about 280MHz - 286MHz fsb and 5:4 , NO GO..........Only with 3:2 BUT it doesn't worth it......... :(

I just got an EPOX 4PCA3+ Canterwood Mobo and I'm testing it............It WORKS with 5:4 and PAT enable..........I think I'll stay with the EPOX one IF I find a bios giving me more than 1.6VCore ............ There is such a bios BUT it's without PAT so Memory bandwidth is too low.......EPOX MUST release a newer bios with VCore up to 1.85Volts.......I hope so cos this board looks promising....... ;)

Mem_7034_png.png

Back