• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is a good motherboard for overclocking, has onboard RAID, and supports the P4 C?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SilentandDeadly

Registered
What is a good motherboard for overclocking, has onboard RAID, and supports the P4 C?

Ok, I'm having some hell of a time with this damn Asus P4C800, so I want to try a different one, I got the original one from my full order, and it didn't work, so I got another one, and I got the SAME ****ING PROBLEM with it. Won't restart, and keeps giving a damned overclocking failure error. The only thing better about this one is that it actually seems to detect the RAID 0 array I set up, the first one didn't. I really want one that has good overclocking potential, and it definitely has to support the P4 "C", and onboard RAID would be great so I don't have to provide my own RAID controller. I figure that since both of the P4C800s don't work, it's probably some kind of problem with the stuff I'm using. I'm using a 2.4 C, a Radeon 9700 (non-pro) and 512 MB of PC 3700 DDR (Corsair XMS).

Go to corsair`s website and click the into the questions forum and then into compatibility. You will find a recent thread titled p4c800-e deluxe and xms 3700 problems! You may find your problem and answer there! Alot of folks are just like you and highly upset with the xms 3700 ram. But dont give up on your motherboard just yet! Some of the guys fixed their compatibility issues through the ramguys at corsair`s website in the thread I indicated for you to read! Good Luck! ;)

Back