• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

D875PBZ Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MrSelfDestruct

Hey guys, I need some help with my sister's computer. She bought it from a show not too long ago, and I'm trying to update the BIOS on it. When it boots it has a Gateway splash screen that I want to get rid of, so I'm thinking by updating the BIOS this would go away. Anyway to find out what the motherboard was I looked on the board itself and found E210882 written on it. When I googled that number it took me to an Intel page where it said the D875PBZ had that written on it. So I downloaded the updated bios program, called Express BIOS I think. When I tried to run that it didn't work. It says it "cannot find all of the neccessary BIOS files...". Also when I tried to install some of the updated drivers, the sound driver wouldn't work for some reason. It said something like "couldn't find driver". So am I right in thinking that this is a D875PBZ? And if it is why won't the BIOS update? Thanks for any help! :)

It's probably not an 875PBZ. If you look at the results of this Google search for "E210882" you'll notice that same number applies to any number of Intel MoBos from 815's to 845's to the 875. It's probably a general ID number.

Keep looking for other numbers of your sisters' board, you're on the right track.

Oh reeealllly.. Thanks. :) So if I just try installing all the different bioses(sp?) that I can find that match that number, would the right one eventually take?

MrSelfDestruct said:
Oh reeealllly.. Thanks. :) So if I just try installing all the different bioses(sp?) that I can find that match that number, would the right one eventually take?

Or you just might kill the BIOS entirely. :)

I'd try and figure out what board it actually is so you can try the correct (or closest) BIOS on it.

If I use the BIOS express program, the BIOS won't update unless it detects the same one, right? And thanks for the help Ralf, I tried going to Gateway's site and finding something there, but no dice...

Hi,

Ralf even if it's not a D875PBZ, it is an Intel board?

Intel retail boards have a utility to change the BIOS splash screen, and this utility is supposed to be for all the boards.

Do u thinks it's safe to try and run this utility to get the splash screen changed?

However this might become an issue if you have to RMA the machine or ask for a warranty on the mobo in future.

I'm pretty sure this is an Intel board. But not 100% sure. I don't think this will be getting RMAed or anything since it wasn't actually bought through Gateway. It was bought at a computer show, I'm guessing it was some overstock Gateway sold out to resellers... And also I'm hoping that it will change more than just the splashscreen when it updates, I'm hoping it will give some more options in the BIOS as well...

MrSelfDestruct,

Don't expect too much from a BIOS update. Intel boards are built for stability, and will not give you the aggressive options and timings that you get with 1st Tier Taiwanese board manufacturers.

Back