• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

radiator with a bong?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Roboman101

an idea i've had would be to have a y after your blocks, and have it go to a pair of valves that would select either a bong or a radiator, it would be easier to move around w/o the bong, but when it returns to home you can fire up the bong

both probably wouldn't work due to the flow issue

I see no reason why it would not work.
You would get some additional flow restriction from having the fittings, but the flexibility you gain MIGHT be worth it to you.

A Tee on either side of the radiator, with valves to cut out the rad when on bong; valves on the other side of the Tees to cut out the bong loop when on radiator. You should not get any air in the system while running on the bong, so minimum bleeding would be needed there, although I think you would still want a T-Line just in case....

The other thing is that you would probably want to run a second pump in the bong to feed the case pump: pulling water UP from the bong is bad for the pump. That would also help get rid of any issues with getting airbound when switching back over to the bong.

A lot of effort for what I think would be little gain, but an interesting project.:)

If you do it, as always, I want pics :D

I've been considering a similar sort of system, im not sure whether to build a bong or simple big radiator consisting of long lengths of copper tubing. the rad would be quieter methinks, so probably gonna go with that, just need to figure out a decent method for connecting it to the rest of the system.

Back