• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Adding 2nd Raptor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fernis

I am going to be adding my second Raptor into my system tomorrow. I currently am running 1 Raptor and a 800JB as a slave just to hold mass data. My question is when I add the 2nd Raptor in and create the Raid 0 will I have to format the original Raptor or will it distribute the data to the 2nd Raptor in the array? First time for me to run a raid setup on my home rig so any comments on what I need to do to the current data on the original Raptor will be appreciated. I hop this is a clear question. If not please post questions.

All the data will be wiped if you create a raid0 array (striping) which is what I think you want to do, this offeres the most speed but no redundency. You will need to back up all the files you want from the Raptor to the other drive that will not be part of the array. Then, you have to reinstall your OS.

Bahh sorry guys I thought I was in the Storage forum. I tried to delete from here and repost but was unable to. I still would appreciate any suggestions and thanks for the input Nikhsub1

Back