• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Only 267FSB Stable... Something I'm doing wrong maybe?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Amino

Is there something I should enable or disable? Do I need to relax my memory settings all the way? They're already at default settings. Any changes and I don't get a POST!

Is it just a bum system?

AGP/PCI =fixed
Strap 800 MHz
RAM divider 5:4
disable 2 last "gaming" options all other to "auto"
more juice booth to RAM and CPU

What are your temps and your PSU ?

Hope this helps :)

You might want to consider better northbridge cooling, im kinda stuck at 250 with my 2.6c. Im going to do the bob burton nb mod or get a thermaltake tiger. Prolly the tiger it looks like an better option, it just clips right on.

Try removing other stick of memory and run in single channel, just try... I can't even overclock to 3000MHz (2.4C) with dual-channel enabled, but now that I have the sticks in single channel, I'm runnin 3550MHz. The memory bandwidth is very low though :( :(

Well, I'm not really sure what it is, but I think it's my CPU not being able to go much higher. My mobo is reporting a temp of 50C idle in the BIOS. I'm not sure how high it gets during load because MBM5 doesn't seem to like me right now.

Amino, did you do a fresh install of MBM5 with the newest version? There is a special option you need to choose to enable IS7 support.

I don't know what the option is to set in the regular settings panel, but while you are installing a fresh copy, it asks you if your mobo is "is7, ic7" or "other." you choose the is7 ic7 option. and it works fine. so just delete mbm, download the latest version (5.3.3.0) and youll be ok

Back