• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NB Cooling / WB Comparison

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thatoneguymark

When does your northbridge require watercooling?

What would you all recommend for waterblocks, based on both price and performance?

~thatoneguymark

You don't really require watercooling on your nb unless you're going for the very best overclock. I stuck an old celeron 370HS/F on my NB and its more than enough to keep it cool.

But I've heard the NForce2 chips need more cooling? Still an old HS/F should be enough.

I am running a 217Mhz FSB with the highest chipset voltage option that the BIOS will allow. I am still using the stock HSF on the NB, and I am rock stable...

It would probably help you to gain higher FSB's with a NB waterblock, but it isn't necessary. Especiall when you can get a Vantec Iceberq for a lot less.

I agree water cooling the NB is really only needed if your doing some extreme OC'ing. I am using a AMD HSF that I modded with a dremel. I run 3Dmarks at 236 with no problem with the VDD mod(1.85v)

Back