• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

why does my ic7 memory benchmark only 2900mb/sec?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lt. Max

im running a 2.4c with 1:1 mem ratio and cas 2 and im getting only 2900mb/sec , the comparison shows a similar setup getting 5000mb/sec
bios 001.jpg

bios 002.jpg

sry for the blurry quality but you should be able to tell the bios settings if u look for a bit :)

btw i got buffalo pc3700 ram

max

it looks like you are not in dual channel mode.
try to verify it.

you must use bank 1 and 3 or 2 and 4 NOT! 1 and 2 and 3 and 4!

Run CPU-Z (free download). Look at the memory screen (tab at the top). That should tell you if dual channel is working. You have to use two sticks of RAM and they have to be installed in RAM slots that are the same color.

ahhh!!! you are correcT!
i did the same mistake on my brothers computer with his RAMBUS setup and i couldnt get it to turn on for 3 days lol.
well ill go fix that. why do they have to build this thing so illogically!!

gah!

max

hmm. im getting 4500 now in my benchmark, but i should be gettings 5000 according the the reference!! whats going wrong!
where do i enable that PAT thing or something?

hehe

max

I have esame probbs,but i use the IS-7 boerd....And my new BIOS dont looks like yours...Ive tried All kinda settings and i dont get more than 6000p in ex 3DMark 2001 and aprox 2900 in mem bench PCMark 2002.
Anny tips?:(

Post what FSB you're running (I can't make out it out on the fuzzy pic). My 2.4C using PC3500 RAM and 5:4 ratio running at 275 FSB makes close to 6,000 mb/s memory bandwidth in Sandra.

im running 200 fsb with maxed ram timings.. stock basically.. retail cooler till i reel my watercooling in. but the reference in sandra shows 5k for same dealio.. so wtf

max

Back