• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about Tt SmartFan II's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ConquereR

Im replacing all my fans with them but the question i want to ask is...will i be able to light them all up? I ordered them all with the LED grill mod. :rolleyes:

All SF II? That's pricey. I wouldn't run them at higher then 3000 rpm anyway. Whineeeee. :temper: Wouldn't LED 80mms cost less?

I got the SFII's because they have good cooling and look cool. I dont care about noise.

I run all my fans at max RPMs so i dont like fan controllers. :D

EDIT : Oh, and Soja, they would cost less but not as good CFM.

Wow, that is going to be one windy but very loud setup. :) When it comes to the CoolMod plugs, they go to the HDD and power light plugs on the motherboard unless they changed it recently. I guess you could mod them so they power directly from a molex if you wanted but you will have wires running everywhere. I used the CoolMod for a little while but I couldn't handle having the wires running all over. If the lighting is what you want I would stick with a cathode light: much less wiring and much brighter, and you can get it in the red/blue in one bulb just like the LED's on the CoolMod.

I just got mine and it did come with a molex connector for connecting directly to the power supply but they still recommend pulling the power from them from the hdd and power leds.

I kind of like seeing the hd light on my hd so molex for me.

T

its not recommened to hook up anything more than one to the motherboard, cause it draws too much current.

Back