• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Low voltage vs fluctuation IC7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blulegend

My rails seem a bit low. But I wouldn't mind if they were stable.

The % fluctuation is decent but it worries me that hardware monitor shows an almost constant fluctuation of the following:

This is with a 2.6C in default voltage settings (for CPU and 1gb 3200 corsair) OC'd to 250fsb (3250mhz)

Vcore: 1.47-1.5
DDR: 2.58-2.59
3.3v: 3.1-3.22
5v: 4.89-4.92
12v: 11.80-12.05

Dunno why. I'm running prime95 right now using the torture test and so far it's stable.

Should I be worried?

I'm using the Turbolink 420W PSU that came with my case. I'm thinking of switching it with an Antec TP480 but I'd like to save my money. Also worried about this PSU blowing up or something.

What does the PWM stand for in hardware monitor temps? The powersupply temp?

Those aren't bad voltages. I wouldn't worry too much about it. A little fluctuation is normal. A better and more powerful PS would probably improve it, but there is no rush to buy one at this point.

Oh, well I've read many posts about this particular PSU not being good. So I just ordered a TP480 so I won't have to worry about it for a while.

Hi,

I just built a new system and I am having sum probs w/ OCn my 2.4C
Sumtimes it crashes (fatal rounding error in prime95 not a hard crash) after 5h and other times after 12h in prime95 at 3GHz and even at lower speedes such as 2800+

I have been lookin at the 12V rail and it fluctuates between 11.74-11.86 w/ an avg. of 11.80 and I think this is the culprit since P4 needs alot of power and uses alot from the 12V rail.

If I recall correctly it should stay between 11.90 and 12.10 for best stability and I think thats ur prob. too scanido, 11.80 and those sub dips might be keepin u at 2900MHz

I am gonna buy a new PSU w/ at least 20V on the 12V rail and ditch this HPC 340W

and u blulegend plz tell us if it works out better w/ a new PSU.

-thx

Hi,

I just started runnin stability tests now w/ a def. speed of 2.4GHz so I'll see if its even stable at default.

Checked the 12V rail w/ the winbond hw monitor now and it didnt go below 11.90V compared to the drops below 11.80 when I OCed...

-thx

Im 11.44 no load and 11.33 under a folding@home load using Winbond Hardware Doctor. I don't have any stability issues. I'm using a PC Power and Cooling Turbo Cool 350.What you guys think? Is this ok?

both of you,
welcometotheforums.JPG

as for the rails, mine run really out of spec but thats just becasue of a crappy psu. my -12volt rail is at -7.1 :eek: what i try to do is put all my fans and other add-ons hooked up to the connector that dosent use as much power, for example, my HDD and floppy combined use more power than my cd drive right? and i dont want HDD corruption, so i just hook more of them up to the cd drive one, to kinda balacne it out, and too i try NOT to use the mobo's 3 pin fan connectors because that drains out of the mobo/cpu/ram/vid card/ everything else ;)

blulegend said:

Vcore: 1.47-1.5
DDR: 2.58-2.59
3.3v: 3.1-3.22
5v: 4.89-4.92
12v: 11.80-12.05

Those rails are a HECK of ALOT better than mine . Wanna trade ??? ( lol ).

But I seem to be stable at 3450 , 1.575/1.580 vcore .

stereo555

Back