• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my ehiem 1250

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

arnoldma

hi, just got my ehiem 1250 this morning... and i thought i'd test the noise level before i got everything else, so i just pluged it in without any waterand it seems veyr loud, there is even some rattling sound coming out from it, any1 had this? or will it be quieter once water is actually runing through it? and isnt this supose to be one of the quietest pumps?

thanks a lot, bye.

Will be much quieter with water going through it... the rattling especially. Hook up a scrap piece of tube to it and fill your tub up with water. You can test the sound out while experiencing hours of childlike glee in the bath.

lol! i like the last part :) as it's all plastic i won't have to worry about it corroding right? so after testnig just leave it to dry whatever?

you may want to read the instructions, you arent supposed to run the pump without water in it, it can damage it.
Thats what my 1048 said anyways, i assume its the same for the whole range.

LOL! ok i just ran my 1250 submerged in my bathroom and i didnt realise just how powerful it is, so i just left the outtake above water, and the whole pump under water, when i switched it on water came up about 1m high from the outtka ehole, how not only im wet the pump is wet and half of my bathroom is wet :D

edit: also i didnt now the 1250 could run submerge either till now :)

Yeah, they get much quieter with fuid running through them. I accidentally ran mine nearly dry when I left my res open when leak testing and it fell over and I didn't know it. Ran for about an hour. The pump was very warm, but ran fine once more water was in it.

I've seen a lot of people who just set ehiem pumps up and asked why they were loud (becasue of the air bubbles), but this one takes the cake, lol. Talk about an air bubble:D

Yeah, and when you get it working, just make sure to put some rubber (I use a mousepad) underneath it so that you can hopefully do away with the nasty pump-vibration noises that may, in fact, keep you up at night. I know mine did!
-r

Back