• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CAD design - ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WarriorII

Moderator #666
I already searched the 1st 25 pages I could find in here.
(after searching)

Who was it who had a CAD proggy that would take "our" designs
& CAD them?

I couldn't find the post.

Any help is mu~cho appreciated.
:cool:

Define CAD them? You want 2d schmatics that a machine shop could use to build it? Or do you want a 3d model that wold look cool for a website? I can do the 2d stuff with AutoCAD 2K. But I do't have the 3d software anymore. I wish I could scrape together the $5000 to buy it.

I can do it for you tonight if you get it to me. That is unless I get home late and fall asleep right away.

email it to me.. JFettig at wc101.com --- dont let the spambots pick me up!

Jon

Wont be anything 3D or really special lookin but i could prolly do some on autocad for you if you would like. I have nothing better to do with my time for the next week and 1/2.

Theres so many diffrent CAD programs
im know some AutoCad and just getting the hang of solidWorks
heres my Vid card water block in cad
CADg3.jpg

and heres the real thing ... ongoing project
NewRAMblock.JPG

Borgy

Go a head and pm me if you want. I'm a mechanical engineer so I get paid to design stuff like this. WOuld probably take 30 mins or so

Solidworks is the bomb! I wish I had that. Does the install you are using have all the add in packages? Like the package for modeling heat transfer? I've used it to model heatsinks and radiators to predict preformance. It's sweet. Nice models too. I have a mechanical pencil model around here that actually works. All the parts are linked together so you can see it move and everything. Might have to look for that.

I've got Autodesk Inventor 6. I can take other people's CAD drawings and make them into 3d (probably, haven't done it in quite awhile). Well, time for bed now.

Scott

Thanx creepy

Ravsitar me too, well im a Tool and Die Engineer
my solidworks has toolbox, but thats it
Iv only just got a copy of it ;) , so im still not sure on what it has and how to do it LOL
but AutoCAD2001i 3D is prity easy
heres some links to a few more iv done:-
vice
Waterblock
3 blocks & CPU
Plexic borgy cube (in the makings)

Iv not long Moved too Canada and looking for work
I cant beleave just cos iv not had Candian schooling it so hard to find work
But saying that UK schooling if very diffrent to North American

Borgy

I think the heat transfer and stress analysis testing packages are addon or something. They were great. Made doing complex stress analysis a brezze if you could model it.

Back