• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just got an OLD Coolermaster Heatsink & Dual fan combo..What to do with it.......

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Boostin14PSI

Just got an OLD Coolermaster Heatsink & Dual fan combo..What to do with it.......

I just got a presumably old cooler master heatsink and dual fan combo. See sig for system. Where should i put it? Could it fit on my grfx card? What about my northbridge. Also it has no mounting brackets so home would i install it?
Thanx Here is a pic....
DSC00622.JPG

u think that would work? How would i hold them in place? Here is a pic of the bottom:
55474939-DSC00626.JPG

i don't see why it wouldn't work, but i don't recommend using it on your vid card ... looks a bit small. As for attaching it, you could use a mixture of artic alumina and as3 or simply some as3 in the middle and crazy glue on the 4 corners.

I can tell you this. The fan is way bigger than the puny one on my vid card.

Last edited:
I got anouther question. How do i get the old heatsink off my video card w/o harming the gpu.

Many people reccomend putting the card in a plastic bag, put that in the freezer for a couple hours, and then pry off and twist the old heatsink. Just let the card sit a while before you install the heatsink or the whole card back into your system, as condensation could build up.

ok i have an update. I got the new one on and i think it went ok. I have a few more questions however. The gpu is the half dollar looking silver part right? The black piece around it is just the socket. Is it ok if i left some of the old glue on it? That stuff ishard to get off.

Back