• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please help me with some data . . .

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JohnMK

Registered
Hi there,

I've been having an odd performance problem with my new Asus P4P800 Deluxe motherboard. After a while (1 hour, etc.) my performance drops according to synthetic benchmarks CPUMark99, PCMark2002, Sisoft Sandra, etc. Upon bootup, PCMark2002 will score around 7500/7900 cpu/mem. Sisoft Sandra reports memory bandwidth of ~3300 MB/s, CPUmark99 scores 200. An hour later, those'll all be down by 5%. The longer I leave it, the lower they get . . . one morning I woke up and my scores were down 30%!

Please don't tell me to examine which programs I have running in the background, I've been through that already thousands of times. :) I'm doing this correctly.

Okay, so here's how you can help. Reboot. Run PCMark2002 immediately. Record the score. Wait an hour or two without rebooting. Use your PC to do whatever you want . . . Run PCMark2002 again. Leave it up overnight -- run PCMark2002 when you wake up. Do the same with all the benchmarks you want, including Sisoft Sandra CPU/mem, CPUMark99, etc.

Please help! I need to know if this is normal or abnormal. I strongly suspect it's abnormal.

Last edited:
Upon bootup:

PCMark2002 CPU score: 7500

As of this moment, 6 hours after last boot: 6800 :-/

Back