• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

slk 900-u / tornado combo installation (need help)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bRiCe

I just got my slk-900 u and tornado 92mm fan, and i cannot install this fan on the heatsink! These clips are too small.... what should i do to install this? I heard that it was kinda tough to get it to work, but what do i do?

You're using the biggest clips right?

Also, put the clips on top of the fan how they are supposed to go, then stick both sides into teh hoels at teh same time.

LIKE WOW im blind.... the reason i was having so much trouble is i only saw the 2 holes at the top and the 2 in the middle, i didnt see the 2 holes at the bottom for clips lol. So i was trying to put the clips around the top of the fan when they needed to go around the middle. I didnt really follow ne instructions but my 2400 is running at 24 degrees at stock speed right now, so i guess its installed fine. I mean... it has a solid contact and everything so i think its fine

yeah it was 24 degrees until i raised the vcore a lil and started doin stuff. now idle temps are in high 20s-low 30s

i live in tx and our house is in the 60s-70s in summer lol and i have a huge 2 foot fan outside my case door that blows on my computer/me because southerners value the cold air more than people in the north :) Im running a 2400 @ 12x200 = 2400mhz at 1.8 vcore on a brand new mobo/proc combo

what mobo are you using? I have an Asus with the KT333 chipset, I think I'm one of the few people who doesn't upgrade to a new motherboard every 6 months. Seems like everyone is always getting new mobos. I'm waiting for Athlon 64/Operton to start being more mainstream and affordable. I can't see getting to much of a performance increase to justify the money.

Back