• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TT Smart Case Fan II

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

seeker010

Registered
I have a SLK-800 with an Antec Smartfan remote. I'm going to get another 80mm fan, I'm just thinking should I get the TT sfII to put on my CPU or just get another Antec Smartfan remote? Would the SFII provide enough benefit to remove the SLK-800 (pain in the @$$) or is it not worth the hassle?

Unless you put your fan on a diffrent way then rugbyroy is right, just pop the metal holder things off unplug fan and replace thats how I do it. The Smart Fan II is quiet and cools like a champ.

I love the SLK-800/SFII combo. Gives me 46C load. It has the best noise/performance ratio, IMO.

rugbyroy said:
The smartfan 2 is an awesome fan. You don't need to remove the slk800 though to put it on, at least I don't have to.
You do if you want to use the thermal sensor. The official way is to pop it under the CPU. That's where I have my smartfan sensor right now, so I'll have to remove the SLK-800

i use that sensor, it's awesome, you never have to bother looking at temps and increase/decrease the rpms, it does it all by itself

my fan will be at 3100 rpms and under load it will go 4200rpms....

seeker make sure there is no pressure on the sensor or it could get damaged... also make sure even while the sensor is inside that socket cavity, your cpu just drops in, if it doesn't then the sensor wires are in the way, just gently move the cpu to sorta move the wires out of the way and the cpu will eventually just slide in on it's own

Back