• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Enermax and P4P800 Won't Run

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TC

Senior Seti Addict
Is there some problem with Enermax psu's not working with the Asus P4P800? I just setup this board tonight and it would not power on with two different Enermax 350's. The board will power on for a split second and then power off. It won't do anything else until I pull the cord and plug it back in. Then it will repeat the same problem. At first I thought it had a short, so I pulled the board out of the case and tried it on a table with nothing hooked up except for cpu and ram. It still wouldn't power up so I tried a cheap allied unit and much to my surprise it powered up fine. I decided that particular enermax unit was dead, so I got a second one and it too exhibited the same problem. So as I type this the board is running normally with a cheapo 250 watt allied unit - which of course won't let me overclock I'm sure. I'm really puzzled by this one. Any ideas?

I think I had to plug in that 3 pin fan monitoring plug on the 350 PSU to the mobo for it to work.Actually it was the fan on the PS wouldn't spin with it not connected.I know when I forgot to plug in the P4 connector one time it light for a second and shut down,but I know you wouldn't have made that mistake..LOL.

Well one psu has the fan plug and the other doesn't, but neither one would work. I've never had a problem with either of these psu's, nor any other Enermax for that matter. By "P4 connector" I assume you mean the extra 4-pin power plug. I did connect that, as well as a fan to the cpu fan connector. Didn't make any difference. I'm trying to decide if I should buy a new psu, but what if a new one has the same problem....

Im running an enermax 431 and it runs fine. The asus board maybe really sensitive to 5v rail or something. I had that problem once to, but it was a short on the motherboard. I put an extra metal spacer in :(.

Back