• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What are you using to mount your water block to your CPU?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

slyy

If there is one already posted or has been sorry but I didn't see one. Let's see how every ones mounting there Water Blocks. I'll be posting a pic of my mount setup in a few days.

Let's do a Skill Level: (To measure the craft level needed to produce the final product; 1 being the easiest and 10 the hardest), a TTC: (Total Time to Complete), and finally a IH: (Amount of risk in mounting the block and the ability to reconfigure the brackets for a different block and or ability to install the brackets; 1 being the easiest and 10 the hardest). If chances are, you can only use this mount for your present setup (e.g: it's not re configurable) just put a big fat---> 0.

I'll go first, ex:

Image000.jpg

Image002.jpg

Image001.jpg

SL = 1
TTC = 10-15mins
IH = 1

(Comments if you wish to leave any.)
Very easy to make and cost under $1 USD. Made using a drill, metal cutter, 1 "L" bracket and 1 screw!

Please only post DIY setups. Well let's get started shall we?

Last edited:
Gautam said:
I think he's talking about DIY waterblocks. Purchased ones should be a breeze to set up.

Absolutely, no hard feelings but I want to give people who have made their own water blocks a place to get ideas when crafting thier own mounting setup. I also thought this would be a good place to take a peek at how everyone else is mounting up!

Well, we'll soon see when he posts his pics! Depending on the design of the blocks, it may not always be as simple as just driling four holes and screwing them in.

Let's not fight over it.

wannaoc, I actually have a 4 piece including the screw, very simple setup which at the moment only needs one (1) screw and it is placed directly over the WB to ensure that I get the most even contact with the DIE and I dont have to worry that there is too much pressure on one side than the other.

To awnser your second question what would make a four hole differnet on a homade setup is the simple fact that some of us take DIY projects to the limits and I want to see what original ideas others have come up with. The fact that yours or others maybe manufactured doesn't mean they don't work it just simply means it isn't homemade (DIY) and that is what I am looking for -but thanks for the post.

i use the 4 hole in the mobo
will all my homemade blocks
i bought nylon bolts,nuts,wingnuts, washers and springs (steel) from home depot

Alumblock.JPG

Borgy

Back