• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

T line question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Genjix

Ok did a search, and found a guide on T-line. but the pic was not too clear. basically a T line goes in between 2 tubes and then theres a tube on top to fill the system up. what do you do after you fill the system up? take out the hose on top and cork it? leave the hose and cork the hose? somone mentioned you can leave it open but wont the pump force water out of it?

The T-Line can be left uncapped as long as it is a few inches long and at the highest point in your system, but if you are using additives it may smell....bad. Water Wetter is not pleasant ;)

Capping the top of the tube is best: you can leave a few inches of water in the line. This helps keep the system full and free of air over time as well.

Zaynee said:
just wondering, what's the best thing to use to cap a 1/2 Tygon t-line?
Go to home depot or somewhere similar, get a 1/2" barb fitting that has threads on the top, then just get a cap. The one in my pic is brass, but i have switched it to nylon. It works great and is air tight.

relay.jpg

Got a rubber stopper @ Home depot for under $1 for mine, just cut a small piece of tube to take with you becuase they usually have several sizes. :D

cool, got it at home depot thanks. last question, do I keep filling the t-line tube up over time as it gets lower and lower?

Genjix said:
cool, got it at home depot thanks. last question, do I keep filling the t-line tube up over time as it gets lower and lower?

As long as it's above the t-line itself you should be fine. No need to keep adding every time it drops a half inch, probably just air being removed.

I think i am going to use a 1/2" plug to 3/4" thread connector. Then I will add a cap to the 3/4" thread, so I can remove it easily, and it will act like a small funnel :D

guys remember that water will take the path of least resistance. That may be an uncapped T and the top of a system if for instance it has to go through a contorted WB like the WhiteWater.
IMHO it's not a good idea to have any open pipes in the system - us a reservoir to remove air bubbles!

Maeterlinck said:
guys remember that water will take the path of least resistance. That may be an uncapped T and the top of a system if for instance it has to go through a contorted WB like the WhiteWater.
IMHO it's not a good idea to have any open pipes in the system - us a reservoir to remove air bubbles!

Not to mention evaporation.

Back