• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Been meaning to ask this one...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

madman_sam81

Would you rate my temps. 1) Good 2) Fair 3)Bad

My computer is completely air cooled. I know I can lower it a bit more by getting those round IDE cables and stuff like that, but I don't have money to do anything more to it at the moment.

It is a P4 1.8 (@2195), on an Asus P4B266, in a crappy case.

My tempuratures at 100% load (Has been at 100% load for the last 2 weeks, basically) and my processor is staying right about 42-46 degrees C (Depending on whether I check it at night or during the middle of the day, when it is 104 F outside) and my motherboard stays right around 40-42 degrees C (Again, depending on time of day).

I don't know what the idle temps are, currently, because I don't feel like stopping F@H just to check that...the load temps ARE, after all, what matter. I checked them about a month ago though, before I added my latest fan(s), and they were something like 32 for the mobo and 34 for the processor.

Given the circumstances/conditions I'd say your temps are good.

But a big variable is missing -- what are the ambient temps (your room temps, not outside temps).

A friend of mine has a P4 system around your speed and he gets in mid to high 40's as well.

Back