• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IS7 Series BIOS 1.4 posted.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ZhaoYun

Registered
Hi Guys,

Abit posted new BIOS ver 1.4 at thier website for IS7 series.

Still no mention of any fix for their high temp issues.

Thanks.

no mention of memory timing fixes either. Seems a lot of people are getting odd results still with this board and most types of memory.

I can't get my HyperX PC3500 to run to spec

try disabling the last 2 GAT memory settings, worked like a charm for me when I was having probs getting my memory to spec.

Here's the list of changes taken from the Abit website.

BIOS ID: 1.4
Released Date: 7/2/2003
Fixes wrong system operation caused by incomplete discharging CMOS data via CCMOS jumper.
Shows the correct IRQ of IDE Controller in PCI Devices Listing.
Fixes CPU Thermal Throttling behavior while under minus temperature, and supports minus temperature reading in BIOS Setup.
Fixes the problem that system could not automatically get into S4 mode, after enabled Power Scheme of "Power Option" under Windows XP
Updates CPU Microcode (CPUID=0F13h, Patch ID=05h ; CPUID=0F12h, Patch ID=02eh).
Fix the problem that PCU Slot Device in "-Bootabled Add-in Device" function can not boot up in top priority.
BIOS Compile Date: 7/2/2003.

Nothing impressive :(

billstuck said:

Still a no go

How about changing the Refresh to "Normal" ? it is an option under GAT. But prepare to lost several hundred points in Sandra Memory Benchmark.

doesn't help either. Oh well Still a decent OC I guess. Maybe a bum chip or something?

Wow !!! more than 100% of increase in Sandra ? I guess you are a lucky guy. I don't see such an increase in my system.

anyone got a copy of this? if someone will send it i will gladly host it for everyone's benefit.

TWY said:
I disable the last two GAT options and my memory score plunges to 4800. :bang head
I'm running with both the last GAT options disabled at 277fsb and am getting a 5700+ sandra memory score

Back