• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cathode fan grill

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I've never had or used one, but from the looks of it it shouldn't restrict air flow very much, as it's not over the fan blades much, if at all. It would probably be around as bright as a regular cc.

cool, well im thinking i will put one on my tornado and use extra long screws and put my ut fan grill on top of that! lol

that's pretty cool but i dont think i would want a bright circle thingy on my fans.. might look a little goofy

OLMI said:
that's pretty cool but i dont think i would want a bright circle thingy on my fans.. might look a little goofy

yeah thats what i was thinking so thats why i will cover it with my fan grill so its more of a glow coming from behind it, i couldnt find any other lighted fan grills...

YviE said:
That should do it, but won't it block a bit of airflow, since you have 2 grills on the fan?

I also thought that lol, I will have to test it out, but with the cathode grill, extra long screws and the metal grill, there is gonna be like an extra 2 inches on top of the fan, we will see....

I have one from xoxide tahts red and blue. I dont use it because personally it looks cheap and it has an inverter. I have to many inverters in my case and I dont need plastic fangrills. So in my opinion, stay away.

----Yes they are very bright.

Yeah I now decided to not bother with it, even though it is very very cheap (take into account I live in England, AKA rip off land).

I have a couple in blue.

They look kool but the rings emphersise the circle cut for the fan and as it isnt as bright as the CPU's LED fans it ok, but the shade of blue is differant to the LED

They look good if another part of the case has rings/circles and the color is light too

Back