• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Well, it's finally up and running..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Neco

Pump/Res -> Heater Core -> Block - repeat.

Maze4 AMD
Maxijet 1200
D-Tek Core + Shroud
120mm intake side panel, 120mm on Core. Both on lowest speed.

Been up for just a little over 1h:30m now and all seems well enough.

The ambient is about 24C, the case is 32C (damn), CPU at 36 full load (toast), (1337mhz, 1.7v).

I don't think I have my springs completely compressed but they sure the hell are down tight. I'm just afraid to bust my CPU (can't review a W/B without a CPU).

I'd wager the large difference between abmient and the PC is because of the low fan speeds, I'm using AS Alumina, and the CPU is a Pally, so they run a bit hot anyway. Also using the socket thermistor here, as it's all I've got.

Case temp does seem a bit high though.. Even for the low fan setting. Anyone think that has anything to do with the core being in the case ? (my previous setups have been external).

The only exhaust I've got is the PSU really, and whatever air escapes from openings.

The side panel is an intake, and so is the fan on the heater core. I never noticed abnormally high temps using only intake fans, however I've never had a core sitting in the case either, so it does make me wonder.

Temps seem a bit high to me. Maybe you could use more exhaust fans. With the rad and the side intake you should have enough air coming in.

Nice rig.:beer:

Just as I thought.

Case temps dropped two, CPU temps went up about the same.

Also made a mistake, the fan on the heater core is going full strength

I'm guessin the fan is probably affecting the socket probe or something.. in which case I still have to wonder if its just the CPU or something, cause I don't feel like trying to remount anything, the Maze is on there pretty tight and all, and I put it on properly =\

Last edited:
Well, I found the problem, it seems.

I took the front bezel off on a hunch. It has air slits and whatnot, but far too restrictive. I was recycling warm air. Now that it's off I'll have to cut it up :) I did a double take when I booted up at 26c, and idled at 27 for a few minutes. Now I've turned on toast to let it go a few hours, so far it seems It will max out at 32 or 33 C.. possibly 34. Case temp is a cool 25C, and room temp is about 22C at the moment.

Much better

Back