• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ok well I got my White water BUT!!!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

anvil82

I ordered the p4 version which it states in the invoice I recieved in the packaging, but on the white water box it says AMD

The instructions are also for the AMD block!!

I was so excited, now I'm ****ed.

They better not make me pay shipping to ship it back to them.

:mad:

anvil82 said:
I ordered the p4 version which it states in the invoice I recieved in the packaging, but on the white water box it says AMD

The instructions are also for the AMD block!!

I was so excited, now I'm ****ed.

They better not make me pay shipping to ship it back to them.

:mad:
You use the same block for the P4 and the AMD, they just forgot to send you the P4 bracket shown HERE

It's a different box though I think for the p4 version, and the AMD version.

I hope I don't have to ship it back, and that the only difference is the mounting bracket.

did you take a look in the box? to see if the adapter is in there?
Maybe thats a good idea;)

othewize, give them a call, I bet they will ship you one no problem.

Jon

JFettig said:
did you take a look in the box? to see if the adapter is in there?
Maybe thats a good idea;)

othewize, give them a call, I bet they will ship you one no problem.

Jon

Lol of course I looked in the box, so the only difference between the p4 and the amd block is the adapter?

Actually, doesn't the poly top version come with a different top? If would seem to be pointless to even make a poly top for a PIV if you have to cover it with a hold down plate.

check over at d-tek, look at their hold down plate, it goes under the waterblock, not over.

Jon

method().man said:
Actually, doesn't the poly top version come with a different top? If would seem to be pointless to even make a poly top for a PIV if you have to cover it with a hold down plate.
No. EVERY BLOCK from D-Tek is made to AMD sizes, period, no P4 tops etc. D-Tek created a bracket to accomodate AMD size blocks that sits UNDER the block, not over it.

method().man said:

Well, that kinda sucks.

Not really, if they made it for the p4, then it would probably be worthless for amd, but now you just remove the plate if you decide to go amd.

They responded to my email and are going to ship me the adapter. Maybe I can leaktest it at least while I wait.

Back