• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

computer resseting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aron1234

Registered
I have an a7n8x 1.04 not overcloked 2000+ 256mb ram 40 gig hdd, i have windows xp. recently it has been resseting it self on occation especially while playing games but not allways . The temperatures are not to hot and range from 40-52 degrees. why does it keep resetting could it be a faulty mb.

3 3 7 but i dont think thats the problem cos they are on optimal peformance.

i changed the ram setting from by speed to auto it running a 336 and so far hasnt reset but im not sure if it will in the future i think i will just return the board for a rev 2

Maybe it is set to restart if the temp. is above a certain level, it may be set a bit too low. This should be in Power settings in BIOS.

Maybe its called Shutdown Temperature. It should be there, most boards have it.

mdcomp said:
Maybe its called Shutdown Temperature. It should be there, most boards have it.

The A7N8X series boards do not have any such settings. What kind of PSU are you using. Random reboots are often caused by faulty or underpowered PSUs.

aron1234 said:
i changed the ram setting from by speed to auto it running a 336 and so far hasnt reset but im not sure if it will in the future i think i will just return the board for a rev 2

Dude, it's the ram.
Rob

the bios does some weird things when its set to Auto set the ram timings.. at first when i booted up my comp it tried running my ram at some rediculous number like 223fsb. Im unsure how i even posted but i did and i got into the bios and set everything MANUALLY to what it should be set to default. so ran voltage was 2.5v, mem timings were 2.5-3-3-7, manually set the cpu fsb to 166 and ram to 166 and made sure my cpu:ram ratio was 1-1. I also made sure my voltage for my cpu at default speeds was set correctly (1.65v).

Try manually setting things to what they are supposed to be at. TELL the computer what to run it at instead of choosing auto, Auto seems to have unpredictable results.

example2) I set my ratio manually to 100% or 1-1 cpu:ram. i manually set my cpu fsb to 166 but left the mem fsb set to auto. SOME HOW it didnt keep 166, it actually raised it to like 168 or something stupid like that. I dont know where it got that number from but it seems the auto features dont always work as planned.

(btw i have the a7n8x as well and im still learning about little quarks it has)

I started experiencing the exact same problem as you whenever I first hooked up my 92mm Tornado on my SLK900u. It really started ****ing me off. I set my CPU back to stock speeds and it runs fine now. I think it's because my power supply is underpowered. It's a 350 Watt Antec psu. It's the one that comes with the Lanboy

Back