• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Maze1c hold down for a maze2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mateo88

Would it be possible to use a maze1c hold down for a maze2 block? I got the block along with a 226w peltier for my birthday :D, however my motherboard (msi kt4vl) doesn't have the four mounting holes. I thought i saw somewhere, maybe dan's data, that it is possible to use it. Also, I do have my motherboard horizontally, because I'm sure the maze2 would rip the socket out. Thanks!

edit: spelling

I beleve it would work if you didnt have the pelt and cold plate.
Did you by chance get a power supply to power the pelt?

Im sure you got some birthday mone right? Maybe go blow some on a mobo with holes? :D

Oh...

Happy Birthday:)

Jon

Alright, I'll get that hold down then. Thanks!

By the way, I did get some birthday money, however i spent it on a pump, an xp 1700 (it was a DLT3C, yeah!), and a new cd burner. I didn't get the power supply, though. Do you by chance know if it's very difficult to build that power supply that's listed on the site?

Prospective builders of the Peltier PSU project should possess, or be willing to learn, basic skills such as soldering and reading an electrical schematic. Readers should also be aware of inherent dangers regarding working with electricity and soldering equipment.

Neither the author or Overclockers.com will be held responsible for any damages due to anyone attempting what is written herein.

I would think that it would be quite difficult. BeCooling has a good peltier power supply for $70, btw.

Thanks, Gautam. $70 is good, because I think in that article it said it cost around $50 to build, and I would probably screw something up anyway.

Back