• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I have come to the recent conclusion...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kazr

Registered
I have come to the conclusion that the fans in my case are horrible. I have 4 80 mm fans in the front that are supposed to be sucking air in (and blowing it on the hard drives etc) but I barely feel any air moving at. I have one on the side, that moves some air but not very much, and a 60 mm exhaust on the back.
I put an old chassis fan in one of my old computers I don't use anymore in the slot where you put Floppy Drives (bonus to not having a floppy :p), and that has helped some but my system temperature shot up to 41 degrees and when I took off the side of my case the temperature went down to 37.

Now here comes my awesome question: What are some good case fans I can get? 80 mm and 60 mm, and the noise doesn't matter to me as long as it isn't above around 35 dBa.

Thanks!

I'm not an expert on cooling, but I was looking on a couple of sites and I found this fan here. It has good reviews on the site, 37cfm and 30dba. Its nothin fancy, but it seems like an all around good fan. Plus you can get a good deal on them the more you buy from them. Just my .02

Thanks for the posts you guys, I will look into those two. So far I took off a thin fan from a hard drive cooler (damn thing doesn't fit right in my case) and replaced my side case fan with it, and it blows at least 100x more air. :}

Ok, but wait.

You have at least FIVE 80mm intake fans? You said four in the front, and one in the side? (you didn't specify the side fan was 80mm, but i'll assume.)

You have ONE 60mm exhaust fan, and I'm assuming some psu exhaust action going on, right?

Doesn't that seem a little too imbalanced? 5 vs 1.5? I think you'd be better off taking at least one of those front mounted 80mm fans and sticking it in the fan hole right below the PSU, or the very bottom fan hole, depending on your airflow situation and case layout. Try that, then compare before and after cpu/mobo idle/load temps.

Yeah the psu has a fan that sucks are into it and then blows it out the back. But I need new fans before I can experiment with the best case layout. When I took the fan off I tested how much air it moved, and it didn't even seem like it was moving any at all.

Back