• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cascade where do you buy one?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
menace2society said:
1) who owns them? 2)Who loves them? 3)Who hates them?4)Who has reviewed them?
1. Me and some others
2. Me and some others
3. No one I know
4. No one yet

I hope that I can scrounge up some $ and get one for my main rig and throw the WW I have on the way into my secondary rig. I have a good feeling you wont find many who hate them. ;)

The_Jizzler said:
i believe its like a $100-$120 total, shipped from australia

The price fluctuates daily due to the currency exchange rates, and also depending on the payment method you choose.

Via Paypal at present exchange rates it works out to around $102-103US shipped, depending on whether you wanted an AMD or a P4 block.

As I've said a few times before, the US dollar has lost around 30% of its value on the international exchange rate markets in the last 8 months which makes it particularly hard for people outside of the USA to sell into the USA competitively. 8 months ago the Cascade would've cost $77US shipped to your door in the USA when paying via Paypal.

Just reveived my Cascades today was sent on monday so 5 days delivery to UK form Austraila, great looking blocks, can not wait to test it out.

Thanks Cathar ^.^

oh.. btw Cathar there was no import duties :)

Re: Re: cascade where do you buy one?

nikhsub1 said:

1. Me and some others
2. Me and some others
3. No one I know
4. No one yet

Like he said :)
[/i]originally posted by me, here[/i]
Fantastic block, excellent mounting system, great performance.
Most expensive block I have ever bought and I couldn't really afford it when I bought it. And I am still glad I did :D

The DTek White Water (also designed by Cathar ;)) is almost as good but nothing touches the Cascade yet.
Since the WW is also his design and has been around for a while and STILL has no competition, I think the Cascade will be number 1 for a while......and the WW a close second.

How's that for a mini-review?

menace2society said:
WOW.If you use the link for the exchange rate it costs $144 U.S before shipping.:eek: Thats alot even 2 me!!!
Uh, you must be converting euros or something... It is AUSTRALIAN dollars. For the Cascade shipped to the US i see 137.00 AUD which is 90.24 USD.

By XE.com converter:
128 AUD for block
12 AUD for shipping
140 AUD
4.20 AUD 3% surcharge from PayPal
Total= 144.20 AUD

Conversion to USD= $94.98

That's about $10 USD less than I paid for mine....and I am happy still :D (although saving money is always good ;))

:D Math never was my strong point, and I retired from Wall st at the age of 32 go figure. $95 U.S sounds better. Never used paypal how does that work is as safe as a credit card?

rogerdugans said:
By XE.com converter:
128 AUD for block
12 AUD for shipping
140 AUD
4.20 AUD 3% surcharge from PayPal
Total= 144.20 AUD

Conversion to USD= $94.98

That's about $10 USD less than I paid for mine....and I am happy still :D (although saving money is always good ;))

You forgot to add on postal insurance.

Also the exchange rate has picked up a little in the last week in favor of the US.

how come the cascade only uses 1 outlet? isnt that going to make it more ineffciient then the white water 2 outlet design? or is it designed internally so that the water will route around the center to one end and then into the outlet?

max

Back