• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IC7-G Overclocks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pixel

does anyone know why i would lose sound and then freeze i am only at 247freq and i am running 1:1 my ram is at 1.8volt i think or whatever and its 2.5-6-3-3 and my agp is fixed at 66 any tips and help to either make me more stable or get me better over clocks will be appricieted

First off- do you have your PCI & AGP speeds locked? That could very well easily lead to the onboard sound crapping out at such high speeds.

Secondly- I hate to say it but I don't think you'll be seeing very high mem speeds @ 1:1 with 2x512MB sticks of RAM. I have not seen a single person with an IC7(G) hit anything in the ~250Mhz range with 2x512MB- but there has been luck using 4x256MB sticks.

Yes keep iit locked at 33/66 (fixed) and also try running at 5:4 or 3:2 if it runs stable then you will know its your ram flaking out. Running 1:1 is an impressive task I have only seen a few rams do this.

Back