• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what BIOS did my board ship with

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

emericanchaos

i have an NF7-s rev 2 from excaliber. according to the winbond hardware doctor that came on the disk i'm running 40C full load. this is an xp1800 JIUHG DUT3C @1924 (160*12). i just received my board 3 days ago and ordered it like july third. would i have the BIOS that shows coorect temps? how do i tell what version i have?

40C seems right to me because i've gotten it into windows at 12*174 (close to 2.2Ghz). passes CPU stress tests but reboots when i run sandra mem bandwidth test.

oh yeah my cooling. i have an slk 800, one of the original ones bought in september 02. it has a 40CFM sunon on it and i have a 120mm stealth sitting above it in the side panel. than a 92mm exhaust fan in the top panel. my exhaust air doesn't seem very hot and the same program says my system temp is 31C. it's warm in here. def not 21C in here that's for sure.

yeah it just gives me a bunch of numbers no version number or anything. i think it said phoenix bios v6.0 but that means diddly. in the book it says that the bios indicator is the letter than a dash than a 2 digit number. mine is C-14. does this tell you all anything?

yep, you have the bios 14 on yours. and you can check in your bios screen too at the bottom of the main page.

Back