• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Inline setup, Microbubbles, can't bleed them out

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

diggingforgold

Ok, My system is filled 100%. No leaks. No problems, except it seems like I filled it with carbonated water (I used non-carbonated bottled water). There are tons of microbubbles rushing through the tubes. As they hit the pump, you can hear the turbulence. I tried shifting my case in all directions, on its side, on its back, upsidedown, laying down... nothing seems to work. When I turn the pump off for a while to see if I can get them to accumulate so I can bleed the bubbles out, they seem to vanish, even if I let it sit for a long time.

I'm perplexed. I can't find out where they are hiding and how to get them out. I've tried all the tricks, pump on, pump off, pump on pump off, shake, vibrate, tilt... nothing will get the bubbles to accumulate into one big bubble for bleeding.

I might ditch the whole inline idea and go with a res, because this is driving me nuts. Do you think if I let it sit overnight that they will float to the top? Because I let it sit (off) for about 2 hours... and nothing... :mad:

I had my setup running earlier tonight with a T line because I haven't drilled holes for my reservoir yet...I got most of the air bled out within minutes...it took some [nearly violent] shaking of the pump and radiator though.

did you add any additives? And to answer your question, yes the micro bubbles will eventually dissolve. Usually over night. It happens to me every time I do a system flush.

There is also another possibility:

A very small leak somewhere in the system.

I had heard of this in the past but never saw it myself until recently when I did yet another pump change.
When I installed my Eheim 1250, lines that had been fine with a Maxi Jet of similar flow rate /head (by specs anyway ;)) started to leak a little bit.
I shut down and tightened the clamps I had on, and got some more to clamp each and every connection.
Upon the next pump start, all seemed dry, but after 15 minutes I still had bubbles: I went through and tightened connections just a tad more as I went and Lo and Behold!!!
One of my pump inlet connections was actually sucking a small amount of air! Within 5 minutes of tightening that clamp, all bubbles were gone and have not reappeared.

one idea is to take a pencil or something and go along tapping everything that will make the bubbles come loose :) or add water wetter or such so it makes the water more slippery

max

Is your "T" at the highest point in the system
IMHO if you have room for a Res go for it it makes things essayer in most cases
PS some people have said it took a few days to a week to get them out.

Back