• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I'm no longer a virgin!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

menace2society

Registered
My system is finely up a running:clap: Thanx 2 everyone who answered my questions. This is my first completly built from scratch system. Have had systems built by Voodo pc great company but to expensive. Alienware, alot of hype and in fact the reason I built this system in the first place. Got tired of shipping there junk back for repairs:mad: If you don't live in Florida for get about the on site repair. So I decided 2 lose my virginity 2 the following players:

Case Thermaltake Xaser III Alum
Asus A7n8x delux
AMD xp 2600+
Corsair 3500 twix xms
ATI radeon 9800 pro
Western dig 160 gig jb
Sony dvd/cd- rw 510a
Pioneer dvd
Sony gmd f520 monitor
Dtek tc-4-sa poly
Black Ice micro II
Clear Flex 60
Danger den res.
And a lot of sweat equity:D

Yeah, pics would be great.

I just installed my WC setup too. I went with a Swiftech kit, definately DIY next time for me, but it was a good experience...

DP

Congrats man!
And pics are a requirement, bro ;)

We all need to "oooh' and " aaah" over the nicer points in your system, and see if we can find anything to pick on you about :D
(Classic one: wiring. Most people leave wiring hanging out and many of us retentive types are all over it! lol)

System sounds quite good, I look forward to hearing about how it performs and seeing the pics :)

DAM !!! HAVE YOU NO SHAME. You want me 2 expose my self 2 the world. :eek: I don't own a digital cam. But can barrow one. Will post soon:p

Congrats

Well done, nothing like the first time :) I just put together my first W/C setup, sorta the same :)

Welcome to the wonderful world of "better and cheaper" and a very nice line up as well.

Congrats on your first build. Now it becomes a sickness and only gets worse:drool: :beer:

On monday I will be building my first watercooling setup...and I will try to borrow a digicam to post some pics when it is all done.

Great computer man, definatley looking forward to some pics of that system!

id like temps and pics with a side of more details please. :D

I really just wanna know how well it performs with the bix micro rad..

I had a swiftech 462+ with a tmd 70mm fan at 75 degrees f room temp. it ran about 40 degrees c. witch i thought was a little hi. Left little room for ocing. NOW at 75 room I get 30 C Thats with the hardcano probe that mount2 the cpu. I also had lapped the waterblock for about 2 hrs. Went from 800 grit 2 1000 grit 2 1500 grit then 2000 grit.10 c degree drop. I was impressed. Is that a good temp change? I could have just bought a better fan but I"m a gamer and I like 2 hear when i'm about 2 get fraged:beer:

congrats! :D
sounds like a really really big temp gap going from 800 grit to 2000 grit 10 degrees C... ive never seen something like that. makes me consider lapping my block.

get some pics up if possible... we always like to see that ;)

I never in stalled before I laped the block But I can tell u that It was far from flat. I tested it buy taping the 2000 grit sand paper 2 a pain of glass an ran the block over the sandpaper on the glass a few times 2 see if there were any hi spots and there were, so I never installed the block I just started the lapping process. I truely dout that I would have gotten the same results if I had not lapped the Block FIRST.

Back