• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pics of my D_Tek White Water

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Akira283-IGN

Pics of my D-Tek White Water

Bare in mind that I'm not a great photographer:

WW+Diagonal.jpg

WW+Top+Shot.jpg

WW+Lapping.jpg

Looks great, although its clear that the base doesn't have exactly as great a finish as Cathar's hand lapped ones, but then that's to be expected.

Gautam said:
Looks great, although its clear that the base doesn't have exactly as great a finish as Cathar's hand lapped ones, but then that's to be expected.

It does look very good! That block should do extremely well for you- hopefully as well as the ones Cathar did.

A point on the base's finish: just because the base has visible fine marks on it does not mean that the base is badly finished!

The benefits of lapping past 600 grit or so have been debated for a lonnnnng time; I believe they do exist but are very minimal.
99% of the improvement possible with lapping probably occurs around 600/800 grit.

Even the block I got from Cathar has visible lapping marks on it to a degree.....

Do a test for us all: run it as-is for a week and then pull it, lap it and reinstall- then give us a report!
My suspicion is that the DTek block will be about the same before and after.

wannaoc said:
I see you got a maze4 gpu block too, are you mounting it on a Radeon with Ramsinks? I am wondering if it fits.

Radeon 9700 Pro, and it does have RAM heatsinks. Won't try it for a few more days though.

Back