• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WW doesnt work well with Hydor L20?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dcesther

I heard that WW works best with powerful pump, ie something with 3xxGPH maybe? Is that true?

thx everyone

Cathar said:
Hmmm.

Every block works better with a more powerful pump. The White Water is no different.

Exactly what I have found and read.
The Law of Diminishing returns applies though: a pump that is twice as powerful will not get you temps that are twice as good!

The results will be better though, as a rule......

A water block will always be better- but it may be possible that the system is not:
it may be possible to be very unlucky and find a combination that will perform worse: higher flow rates/head capability means that the pump will also add more heat to the system and (at least theoretically) you could find a combination that will have slightly better performance with a "smaller" pump.

A good size radiator makes this pretty unlikely though- should be able to handle the extra heat dissipation from a larger pump without trouble.

What about a ViaAqua1300? It has almost no head, sometimes when bleeding the system, I have to suck the water up to my waterblock(1foot). When there is no air though, its REALY fast.

Back