• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A few pointers on my W/C setup.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Big B

Registered
I've decided to get into watercooling, and have ordered and/or bought parts already, but I'm still fine tuning it.

I've picked up a heater core to use as my radiator, and this hc fits inside my case.

I've ordered the Swiftech MCW5000A block and the Hydor L20 pump.

What I've done so far is cut the pipes down to size on the heater core and am JBWelding some 3/8" barbs.

Where I'm looking for some opinions/ help on is regarding the barbs on the L20 and wether or not to have a resevoir.

The L20 comes with 1/2" barbs, which creates a small problem since I intend to use 3/8" ID tubing. Will I be able to go into a Lowes or Home Depot and pickup a couple of fittings to make this work, or do I need to get it from Hydor or come up with a new plan.

On the res, I've heard some people not using one and just having a T to bleed it out. Since I'm really set on having the whole w/c system an internal one (ignoring the pump's AC cord), this would make it a little easier to accomplish this. I'm just having a little bit of a problem trying to think how I can do it. Of course, if there's something pre made I can purchase for a little money, I'd probably spring for that.

You might be able to streach the tubing over the 1/2" barbs, Im not sure how flexable and streachable your tubing is, so thats up to you to try, Just dont force it too much.

Otherwize, Im sure you can find some barbs, As to what size they would be, I dont know, I havent seen them close up or any specs.
You could E-mail the place you bought the pump from about 3/8 barbs and maybe get some info from them.

Just a T works great. A rez works great but they will sometimes get in the way.
Click my WWW and check out the guides.

Jon

I'll try and see if the tygon fits over the 1/2 barbs before getting anything else. Ordered it from USPlastics.com for like $1.62/ft., and it should be here this week sometime.

I'm thinking of using a 3/8" barb, filling the hole with some JBweld, and sticking it at the top of the T fitting for the cap.

Back