• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is the mobo dead?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ColtIce

Disabled
i got a k7s5a pro yesterday with a 1200 morgan .it posts and i go into bios change the time/date auto-detect hdd's and check temp which is @63c so i shut it down.i then proceed to remount the hsf(half grain of rice spread nice and thin with a card)restart fans hdds cdrom all spin up but no beep or post.now i reasearched this all night reset cmos, changed cmos battery ,reset ram, video card every thing but the processer.i did a search here ,at amdmb, and the ecs site to no avail should i just take the board back to the store or am i missing something.just in case here are system specs:ecs k7s5a pro-1200 morgan core duron -256 megs infineon pc100 -tnt2 -2 smaller wd hdds-sony 52x cdrom generic 300 watt psu.sorry for such a long post but please help .this is for my 12 yr old son who had been begging for months to upgade from k6-2@400 and he's very sad:(
*bump*
yes it was dead all is good now

mods please delete this thread

Last edited:
First off... I feel your son's pain! :(

1- Did you try to run a different cpu on the board?
2- The temp being shown in the bios could be a mis-read on the boards part.
3- Did you try to flash the bios? (it could be corrupt I suppose)
4- Are you using 1 stick of ram, or 2? (known issue using 2 sticks but this may be just for setting the speed in bios).
5- If all else fails, repack that puppy and head back to da stow.

Good Luck

thanks for the response
1-i didnt try a different cpu on that board but i did try the duron in my board works fine
2 -that is a possibility although i hard resest it to shut off locked up i think due to the heat
3-i cant even get a post let alone get it to boot to DOS
4-2 sticks
5-i think this what i'm going to do
btw there is nor was any overclock on this i have tried with cpu only , cpu and ram,video only,cpu video ram,video and ram,cpu and video with no post i think i have no choice but to return this

Back