• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Waterchill Kit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wimbo

I'm thinking off selling my dangerden stuff and having a play with this kit. (the one with chipset, gpu and cpu waterblocks)

Just wanted to know how good a kit this is by asking if anyone knows or has this ? I know the guys make good phase change stuff but is it the same with water ?

Cheers

Funny thing- I have been exchanging emails with someone from asetek- they saw an article I compiled on the front page here and wanted to dispute some points. :)

But it was a good exchange and he sent me some links to some info:
asetek forum thread
another asetek forum thread
asetek R&D report on the WaterChill system

I have to say that it looks very good from what I have read, but not as good as what can be done by us as individuals. We have some advantages that a major manufacturer doesn't, performance-wise. :D

That said, it looks as though the WaterChill will be a top performing kit.
One of the things I was told is that the version for the US- or A version- will have 1/2" tubing instead of the current 10mm for sale [common size in Europe] which adds a slight performance boost. Very slight according to the R&D document, but there.

From the email exchange I had I got the feeling that asetek is VERY serious about trying to be competitive with homebrewed water cooling setups......
I expect it will be a good kit although I still believe that homebrewed setups will maintain the performance lead :D

Last edited:
Back