• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4C800 Deluxe STUCK at 269Mhz.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

goden99

P4C800 Deluxe STUCK at 269Mhz.
I put a fan on the northbridge because it got a little warm there.
I pushed power from default 1.525V to 1.625V put ram to 266mhz and put highest timmings on ram like 3-4-4-8. and disabled all the onboard things and removed everything but the videocard and ram and pushed ram to 2.75V.

Tried all the way to 269mhz won't go 1mhz more. stupid AI crap keeps showing up so i gota keep pushing esc super fast to see speed. at 270 it boots at 200.

I thought it was the chip.
So i bought a BRAND NEW 2.4Ghz 800fsb guess what it was also stuck at 269. .... Don't think it's the chip. Can't be both chip stuck on the same 269 point.

Anyone know what it could be ?

I cant get past 3 gig stable...
im running p4p800 deluxe
2.4c
1 gig pc 3200 corsair...

anything higher than 250 FSB and it wont post at all.. temps are ALL fine though

if i set mem from 320 to 266 and raise the FSB to 265, 275 etc, still wont post... whats my prob?

It's the memory.

I've gone thru 3 sets of ram modules and so far, the Buffalo 3700's allow for the highest fsb but it's not stable. My max fsb with Twinmos CH-5 3200 was 265. It wouldn't post at 266. Then I tried Corsair XMS 3200 C2. That wouldn't post past 250 fsb. With the Buffalos, I can boot into windows at 274 fsb but I get all kinds of errors. BTW, this is all at 5:4 ratio (320). It was worse at 1:1 with all the pairs of memory.

-Bobby

I have gotten the board beyond 269, so I don't think it is the actual board itself. That is really weird that it downclocks itself back to 200 FSB.

Joey

Here are a fews things to consider........
1)Your cpu sux. It's at it's max and refuses to budge
2)Your PSU sux
3)Your ram sux
4)Heat (hot enough to fry an egg during winter)
5)Your mobo just doesn't feel like being overclocking friendly

I am stuck at 276fsb now. I was previously stuck at 275 but I guess burning in at 275 for a few weeks helped me out. I've eliminated my ram. psu, and heat (except NB) as my limiting factors. All that's left is to do a volt mod and cool my NB. If that don't work than I'm quite certain I've hit a wall with my 2.4c. But I am happy as it is anyways. I paid for a 2.4c and got 3.3ghz outta it. No complaint here. :)

1) CAN'T BE the CPU
I have TWO 2.4 C Ghz and both STUCK at the SAME 269 Berrier

2) Can't Be the psu it's a 400Watt Antec i belive (I see the 400 on it)

3) I Set the ram to 266mhz in bios and latency of 3 4 4 8 which should eliminate the ram factor.

4) Heat at 269 it bearly hits 35C.

5) Mobo ?? but but what can i do to fix it ? I put a big *** fan on the northbridge and it's not even warm now.

Would I have better results with a P4P800 Deleux ?

Sounds like you've ruled out most of the major problem areas - ram, northbridge, cpu. What bios version are you running?

The newest one off ASUS site. The was the first thing i did.
I put all the way to 1.65V I am scared to go higher. I know is see 1.9V but i donèt wana kill the poor cpu.

What Cooling do you recommend ? AIR ?
I am thinking of getting spark 7.

by the way i am running stock 2.4 with stock cooling and temps not going over 34C. YES ACIII is there not that black thermal pad. the heatsink is not even getting warm got super cooling.

I was able to get 283 fsb at 1.6V with my P4c800, I may be able to go higher but the cpu is for sure at a wall here at this voltage.

what kind of memory are you using that allows you to get to 269mhz, or so...
Whats your ratio?

Im sitting at
3:2

320 on mem
250 FSB
2.75 volts on mem
auto volts on cpu

and can NOT get past 250 fsb without no post.

pc3200 corsair

Well guess what my ram even at 266 with the crappiest timings will crap out if the FSB is say "250"

And this is supposed to be PC-3500 RAM.

Then again it might be the board now that you mention your problem.

I'm sure this RAM would run sweet at 433Mhz or more on a nice Epox AMD board.

Right now my PC-3500 has to run at PC-3200 speed or else is not stable. And even at those settings Romcenter will crash the PC.

However nothing else makes it crash. I have burn the RAM with prime95 and Sandra memory benchmark and the CPU multimedia benchmark and it seems stable there and in every other application or game.

Back