• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crap is my P4PE Dead?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

method().man

Dammit. My mobo get wet yesterday after instlaling my wc loop. I wasn't worried because I've gotten it wet before and it always worked after drying. Unfortunately, this time, I've let it dry for 24 hours and it still won't start up. I get the LED lights on but nothing else happens. Also, I just noticed this. WHenever I turn the power on to my PSU, the southbridge gets really hot, I mean really hot. I can hold my finger there for like 5 seconds before it gets too hot to hold there. Is my mobo dead?

Tragic. I don't believe that water would damage it if it's a) not much and 2) allowed plenty of time to evaporate.

That said, if it's the case that you've irreparably damaged it, I doubt it's the kind of thing that Asus would spot if you RMA'd the board. Send it back and you could probably expect a quick replacement.

Back