• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intake or Output air for Rad?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fushyuguru

I plan on WC'ng my northbridge and GPU with water. Ive got a BIX rad and i'll be using a Eheim 1048 pump with 1/2" ID tygon ect ect. The case is a Lian Li PC6085A.

I could make a shroud to connect to the front two intake fans and pull air through my Rad from the outside. This brings in cooler fresh air, but leaves the warmer waste air inside my case.

Or, I could cut a 120mm blowhole at the top of the case and cool my Rad with the case air that could potentially be warm. This could also create a problem as my hoses coul get pretty long as my pump will be on the floor of the case.

Suggestions?

For a while I had my rad on top of my case, screwed in. It fixed both of the problems. Realy though, I only had it there cause it wouldnt fit inside. You could put it sideways in your case, and have 1 fan sucking in air from 1 side of the case, and another blowing out on the other.

Id rather not put extensive ducting as im not cooling my cpu with the WC'er. Although that does sound cool.

The BIX is small, so I can fit it almost anywhere. I just want to get opinions on Intake or Output air.

intake air would be cooler than your exhaust so intake would do it better. what would be best and what i plan on doing when i water cool is to use intake air from the front through the radiator than put a fan in the bottom panel in the middle between the rad and your pump/pci cards pushing air to the top of the case. this will give you nice airflow over your memory and since you have a stronger current of air shooting up the middle you can use smaller quieter fans for the rear exhaust to get cool air across the CPU fan.

Back