• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg and RMA- how long?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chaos_Being

Just a quick question. I read the RMA policy on NewEgg's site- they say that most items have a 1 year warranty, and they also mentilon a "30 day return/refund" policy.

So, does this mean I only have 30 days to RMA an item, or one year? I seem to remember someone mentioning here that it was truely one year. I'm thinking about buying some buffalo pc3700 now (as it still uses bh-5 chips) for my rig that I plan on building in a few months. I just don't want to get stuck with some bad ram that I ordered months before, and which I can't return.

Thanks!

you have the full year warranty if the product has it. after you get an rma number you have 14 days to get it to them. usually take 3 days for me to get a refund. you can get most of this information from their site ,or by calling their toll free number and asking them. you might as well get the pc3200 cuz it uses the same chips. the pc3700 is supposed to use 4.3ns i believe, so save yourself some money and get the pc3200.

Thanks for the reply- I definitely think I will order my ram now then.

And apparently their pc3200 uses ch-5 now and the pc3700 still uses bh-5. I had originally planned on getting the pc3200, and its change to a new chip is basically what is spurring me to buy the pc3700 instead now, while I can still get the bh-5 I want :D

Chaos_Being said:
Thanks for the reply- I definitely think I will order my ram now then.

And apparently their pc3200 uses ch-5 now and the pc3700 still uses bh-5. I had originally planned on getting the pc3200, and its change to a new chip is basically what is spurring me to buy the pc3700 instead now, while I can still get the bh-5 I want :D
i would think they would both be using the same chips since they come from the same company.

Back