• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

very HOT XP2600+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Riddaren

Registered
hello. i've just bought a athlon thoughbrend 2600+ and a EPoX 8K3AE (VIA KT333) and when im checking the temperature its 60 idle!!! im using a volcano 9 and iv got 1 extra case fan. The vucano's RPM lays about 2300 but when i read the manual there should be a jumper to set the fan to 4800 RPM bus there is'nt anyone on mine. is there any software to change the temperature to a much higher RPM... thanks

ow. nothing is overclocked (yet, must lower the temparture first)

ok. thank you. i've never head of that

aaaaahh. my floppy drive has crashed so i cant update the BIOS. aaa. well, i'll just have to live with the issue for a while. THANKS to everyone helping

Last edited:
Sounds like another case of the 8K3A temperature bug. Your temperature is being read about 10-12c higher than it really is. Update to the newest BIOS version and that should fix your problem.

If a bios update doesn't drop your temps, there are a number of other things you can try...

- check your hsf mounting to make sure you have full contact
- lap your hs
- upgrade to an SLK800 ^^
- use a high quality thermal paste (ASIII, Shin-Etsu, etc.)
- increase airflow in your case (if your temps drop when you pop the case open, you've got to increase your airflow)

He probably won't need a noisy tornado fan once he does the BIOS update and gets the reading of what the temperature really is.

"The fan is pretty scary too."
Just keep your fingers out, and you'll be fine(get a fan grill if you're paranoid).

star882 said:
"The fan is pretty scary too."
Just keep your fingers out, and you'll be fine(get a fan grill if you're paranoid).

Go with a grill. Every time you are bored you will star at the fan and wonder what if... The fan grill will save you from doing something really stupid, but very tempting. Lol.
Hope he updates the BIOS soon, I am getting kind of restless here.
:D

I am not sure about that board, but in general older asus boards do read a bit high I think.

Back