• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8RDa oddness

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mac42

My 8RDa has a small intricacy that I have yet to understand. When I set the fsb to 200Mhz and the memory to 166Mhz (83%) it will not boot. That may not sound odd, but setting the fsb to 207Mhz with the memory at 166Mhz (80%) works perfectly! I'm running the memory slower because 166Mhz is all my single stick can do, so I get a few extra performance points this way.

The problem isn't the memory... it can do 170Mhz with the fastest timings. I assume the PCI bus isn't getting in the way since as far as i know it isn't dependant on the fsb with this mobo (same probelm if AGP frequency is set to 66Mhz or Auto). The CPU isn't getting in the way because I set it to the lowest multiplier when changing the fsb. I also doubt that the chipset is the problem because it runs fine at 223Mhz.

So why on Earth does this board not like 200Mhz/166Mhz??? I got around the problem by running it a little faster so it's not a major problem, but I'd still like to know what's going on here. Any insight?

-mac

The memory or board just dosent like 83%.. i can't even at post at any speeds at 83% either

Back