• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Waterchiller by powered peltier

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jelen

Registered
Hello
I got TEC 73W (15V) Peltier module. I want use it to chill water in my watercooler. I have one big radiator 160x80x40 (15 fins) for cold site and Titan TTC D5TB cooler (no problem to takeing 75W with ~55C) as well cooling without water peltier isn't problem. But problem is cooling water with this cold site where will be big aluminium radiator. Do you think it can be a good idea? and it will be working?? good. How much preff temp of water (around 1,5l) it can??. Sorry for English...

I think (and I am often wrong, ask my wife) that you are going to have some very big difficulties in accomplishing this. It is rather difficult to achieve any reasonable cooling of water with tecs and with a low wattage tec....well...Have you possibly considered cooling a northbridge with it?

Silver said:
I think (and I am often wrong, ask my wife) that you are going to have some very big difficulties in accomplishing this. It is rather difficult to achieve any reasonable cooling of water with tecs and with a low wattage tec....well...Have you possibly considered cooling a northbridge with it?
:( not yet NB :D i have not good memorys :/ .Hmm your wife isnt blonde :p :D??

I have had this same idea on my mind for a long time and have come up with a few ideas on how to do it here is the one that I will be trying soon I hope

29360773.jpg

stedman, thats a great drawing, To make it efficient, you need a micro channel block, It does not need to be thick, really thin base and really thin overall height because of the way the heat is spread out over a large surface. The hot side would almost have to be watercooled to make it efficient. Depending on the wattage of the peltiers. You would want at least 1/4" of insulation and instead of adheasive, have it clamped with thermal paste.

Jon

The trouble with TECs is that they produce a lot of heat themselves. You then have to get rid of that. Which means large HSs and noisy fans and if you're going to go there you may a well just stick a larger fan on and larger Rad and get the performance that way...

Back